Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things I want to try.

I've been knitting/crocheting for a couple of years now, but there's some things that I'm absolutely terrible at. Large projects, for one. I get bored, or lose count, or whatever, and then it sits in a box of "Things Half Completed" for a year before I rip it apart to reuse the yarn. This being said, I have a couple of (somewhat) large projects that I want to finish this year:

1. An Afghan. I've started one, using off white and blue Wool-Ease worsted, and a size enormous crochet needle. I'm about two feet into it, and it's all straight single crochet, so it's a great way to pass the time while watching TV. I'm using two strands of yarn together to give it a cushy, cozy feel, and it's turning out great. Pictures soon!

2. This sweater. I found it originally on Craftster, and I think it's absolutely adorable. There's a crochet version too, but I've always been partial to knit garments.

3. An army of ninjas. The guy who wrote Creepy Cute Crochet did a wonderful job with this pattern. I personally want to make an army of them for my boyfriend (who is a ninja). Other great patterns include Cthulu, The Grim Reaper, and Corporate Zombies.

And I think that's it for now. I'll post pictures of my afghan when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment